You’ve heard it over and over again. Brush twice a day and floss daily – but if you are anything like me you have more questions than that statement answers. When?
So, here are some basic tips to keep in mind:
- Brushing twice a day is the standard: morning and night.
- It’s better to brush after you eat breakfast than before.
- This is because you’ll be able to brush away the starches, sugars and debris from breakfast before they cause harm.
- Brush your teeth right before bed.
- This way the debris from the day doesn’t stay on your teeth overnight.
- Floss before you brush.
- Now, flossing after you brush is better than not flossing at all, but if you floss before you brush you’ll be able to get that fluoride into the crevices where the debris was before you flossed.
- What about mouthwash?
- My preference is to do this last, but that’s just a preference.
- Get some advice on the best mouthwash for you.
- What about a tongue scraper?
- Tongue scrapers are a great way to fight bad breath, so we recommend their use. Before mouthwash makes most sense to me, but get more information on scraper options.
Hope that helps you set a routine that works for you and makes taking care of your oral health easy. Get even more information on how to brush best.